Sunday, May 4, 2008

welcome to the blog




With the family becoming so spread out, I felt it would be nice to have a family blog, so here it is. This is my first experience making a blog, so please help me with it. I know some of you participate in other blogs, or have your own blogs; if so, you can post links to those blogs that have information about family members. I know we are all busy, but it would help keep the blog going if we all post something to it a month, even if it is only posting a few pictures. Eric, of course, is exempt from this.


To start things off I with share the story of my transmission. It is a tale of woe and frustration. I got my transmission rebuilt in Dallas in January when I was home over break. At the end of March I was on my way to Springfield, Illinois for a date, which is a story for another time even though many of you are probably more interested in that story, when my transmission started acting up. I made it to Springfield, and when I went to leave, my car would not go in reverse. Luckily, I was able to put my car in neutral, push it out, and then put it in drive. I somehow made it home and took it to an auto shop a few days later. Because the transmission was under warranty, I had to have the auto shop here take out my transmission and ship it to Dallas, where the shop where I had my transmission rebuilt rebuilt it again and sent it back. It is now May, and I still don't have my car back. Right now my transmission is in transit from Dallas. It took over two weeks for my transmission to get to Dallas because the shipping company accidentally shipped it to Chicago, then St. Louis, anywhere but Dallas. I hope to get my car back by my birthday, but it does not seem likely. Speaking of my birthday, it is this Wednesday, May 7, and I am expecting phone calls from all of you. I do not teach Wed. so call any time.

Love,

Scott

No comments: